Vegie Sausages with Marinated Capsicum Salad
Cooking Time 20
Prep Time 10
Serving Size 4
- 8 Vegie Delights Vegie Sausages.
- 3 red capsicums, grilled till black, skinned and cut into strips.
- 3 yellow capsicums, grilled till black, skinned and cut into strips.
- 1 cup fresh basil.
- 1 cup fresh flat leaf parsley.
- ½ cup fresh red basil.
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely sliced.
- 6 cups rocket.
- 100g reduced fat fetta.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil.
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar.
- ¼ cup small salted capers, soaked to remove salt.
- Start layering the ingredients by sprinkling a little olive oil, red wine vinegar, basil, red basil, parsley, sliced garlic and capers over a small platter. Add capsicums and crumble fetta over the top.
- Repeat above, building up layers till all the capsicums and fetta are used. Leave to marinate.
- BBQ or grill the Vegie Sausages till cooked, about 6-8 minutes.
- Serve by dividing the marinated salad across 4 plates and top each plate with 2 sausages each and serve with rocket on the side. Drizzle the remaining marinade over the top as a dressing, garnish with a few sprigs of basil and serve.