A fusion of herbs and spices makes this a delicious vegetarian meal.
Cooking Time 50
Prep Time 20
Serving Size 6
- 1.25 litres vegetable stock
- ½ teaspoons saffron threads
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 200g pumpkin, peeled, cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 100g sweet potato, peeled cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 red capsicums cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 2 zucchinis, trimmed and cut into 1.5cm chunks
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons rosemary leaves
- 400g (2 cups) Arborio rice
- 1 x 400g can diced Italian tomatoes
- ½ cup fresh peas
- 1 x 400g can artichoke hearts, drained halved
- Lime wedges to serve
- Combine stock and saffron in a medium saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat. Cook covered, with a tight-fitting lid, for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low and hold a gentle simmer.
- Over medium-high heat, heat oil in a 24cm non-stick paella pan (or other large pan). Add pumpkin and sweet potato and cook turning occasionally for 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Reduce heat to medium-low, add remaining oil to pan, add onion, garlic, capsicum, zucchinis paprika, cumin , thyme and rosemary and cook stirring for 3 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Add rice and tomatoes and return pumpkin and sweet potato to the pan. Mix well. Gently pour over 500ml 2 cups of hot stock. Cook over a high heat for 5 minutes. Do not stir.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Add peas and artichokes and gently push into the rice. Cook for a further 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, and cover with 2 clean tea towels. Set aside for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with lime wedges.
- Kilojoules 1627 kJ
- Calories 382 Cal
- Protein 10.3 g
- Total fat 5.1 g
- Saturated fat 0.9 g
- Carb. total 69.5 g
- Carb. sugars 12.1 g
- Fibre 10.2 g
- Sodium 925 mg