Vegetarian Big Breakfast
Here’s a healthy twist on a classic recipe.
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 slices Vegie Delights Bacon Style Rashers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 English muffins, wholemeal or multigrain
- 1 pk green sprouts (snowpea sprouts or alfalfa), optional
- Cook egg in a non-stick frying pan stirring every few seconds until set but still soft. Set aside.
- Cook Vegie Delights Bacon Style Rashers with oil for 1-2 minutes, turning once.
- Divide scrambled egg evenly over 4 muffin bases, followed by 2 Bacon Style Rashers per muffin and top with green sprouts.
- Cover with second half of the muffin and serve.
Keep the muffin tops tilted, or arrange very lightly on the filling so as to reveal the rashers and scrambled eggs. The green sprouts lighten this dish, adding vitamins. They also give a fresher look to the filling.
Nutritional InformationPer Serve
- Kilojoules 1355 kJ
- Calories 340 Cal
- Protein 19.5 g
- Total fat 14.3 g
- Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Sodium 625 mg
- Potassium 345 mg
- Iron 2.9 mg
- Fibre 4.2 g