Thai Hot Dog with Pickled Vegetable Salad and Pomegranate
- 4 Vegie Delights Thai Gourmet Chicken Style Sausages
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 lime juice - squeezed
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic - minced
- 1 tsp ginger - minced
- 20 g spring onion - finely sliced
- 40 g cucumber - peeled & thin strips
- 40 g carrot - peeled & thin strips
- 2 tsp coriander - torn
- 2 tsp mint - torn
- 2 tsp green chilli - finely sliced
- 2 tbsp pomegranate - seeds
- 4 tbsp mayo
- 2 tsp sriracha Thai hot sauce
- 4 hot dog buns
1. In a bowl place sugar, lime juice, oil, ginger and garlic.
2. Either using a knife, peeler or mandolin cut thin strips of cucumber and carrot 8cm long. Using your knife finely slice the spring onion and green chilli into rings.
3. Add the mint & toss all the ingredients together in the bowl and allow to marinate.
4. Next remove the pomegranate seeds and leave aside to the last minute so not to stain the salad red.
5. Cook the sausages in a medium to hot pan using canola oil. Keep turning the sausages so not to burn. Once coloured turn the heat down and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
6. In a small bowl, mix the hot sauce into the mayonnaise.
7. For assembly, cut the hot dog buns lengthwise & spread on the mayo mix followed by the drained salad.
8. Add the hot Vegie Delights Thai Sausage on top followed by a sprinkle of pomegranate seeds.