Spicy Summer Roll with Vegie Delights Nutolene
Nutolene is a versatile meat substitute made from peanuts. Options include slicing for sandwiches, mashing for pates, dicing for casseroles and stirfrys, or try the delicious recipe below.
Cooking Time 15
Prep Time 15
Serving Size 8
- 1 Tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 cloves garlic – finely chopped
- 3 tsp fresh ginger – peeled and grated
- 1 Tbsp Red Thai curry paste
- 1 x 415g can Vegie Delights NUTOLENE – roughly mashed with a fork
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup fresh coriander – roughly chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves – roughly chopped
- 2 spring onions – finely sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Add oil to a large sauté pan, heat and fry garlic and ginger until fragrant and starting to colour.
- Add curry paste, fry for 1-2 minutes stirring continuously. Then add and sauté mashed NUTOLENE for 5 minutes till crisp and brown.
- Add the turmeric,brown sugar, soy sauce and coconut and heat.
- Pour into a large bowl and leave to cool. Once cool stir in coriander, mint, spring onion and lime juice.
- To assemble, soak rice paper in warm water until it starts to soften.
- Layout on a flat surface and place a large spoonful of the spicy mix 1/3 of the way into the circle of paper.
- Top with shredded lettuce and carrot.
- Fold bottom edge of rice paper tightly over the mix. Fold left and right sides of rice paper over to make an envelope then roll into a cigar shape.
- Serve with sweet lime dipping sauce