Spicy Red Rice with Vegie Delights Cajun Schnitzels
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 onion – finely diced
- 1 red chilli – deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 red pepper – finely diced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 400g or 2 cups long grain rice – washed
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 400mL vegetable stock
- ½ – 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 x packet Vegie Delights Cajun Schnitzels
1. In a large pot over medium high heat add olive oil. Add onion, garlic, chilli and red capsicum. Fry until starting to brown and soften.
2. Add smoked paprika, thyme and oregano and lightly fry for a few seconds then add the rice, coating well with the flavoured oil.
3. Add the tomatoes, vegetable stock, salt and pepper. Bring to the boil then place lid on the pot and reduce to a very low simmer. Cook for 20 minutes without removing the lid. Take off the heat and leave to stand for 10 minutes to allow all the moisture to absorb.
4. Cook Schnitzels according to on pack instructions. Set aside.
5. When ready to serve, sprinkle the chopped coriander over the rice and fluff up with a fork. Serve with the Schnitzels.