Spaghetti Amatriciana with Tomato and Bacon Style Rashers
This delicious soy sausage dhal is really quick to make, and your meat-eating family and friends won’t be able to tell the difference.
Cooking Time 18
Prep Time 16
Serving Size 4
- 400g ripe tomatoes, blanched, skin removed and chopped into bite size pieces
- 400g spaghetti
- 6 Vegie Delights Bacon Style Rashers, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- Sauté Vegie Delights Bacon Style Rashers with chilli for 1 minute.
- Set Bacon Style Rashers and chilli aside and use same frying pan to cook onion over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- In the meantime cook spaghetti according to packet instructions.
- When sauce thickens, add Bacon Style Rashers. Remove from heat, cover with lid and keep warm.
- Drain pasta and stir sauce through. If using canned tomatoes choose a 400g can of Roma tomatoes.
- Serve with sprinkle of grated pecorino cheese or crumbled feta.
If using canned tomatoes choose a 400g can of Roma tomatoes.
Nutritional InformationPer Serve
- Kilojoules 1900 kJ
- Calories 452 Cal
- Protein 16.7 g
- Total fat 8.5 g
- Carbohydrate 74.3 g
- Sodium 215 mg
- Potassium 505 mg
- Calcium 31 mg
- Iron 2.2 mg
- Fibre 5.3 g