Savoury Mince Soft Tacos
Fried Mexican mince, beans. crispy vegetables served in a soft tortilla.
- 1 Tbsp white sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 Red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 Tblsp canola oil
- 1 x 400g packet Vegie Delights Savoury Vege Mince
- 2 tsp cumin ground
- 2 tsp coriander ground
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 x 400 tinned red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 - 1 tsp salt
- 4 large gluten free tortillas or wraps
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 x tub sour cream
- 1/2 cup coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 lime cut into 4 wedges
Red onion pickle
1. In a glass bowl, add sugar, salt and vinegar to sliced onions and leave an hour to pickle.
1. In a hot pan add oil and Vegie Delights Savoury Vege Mince. Fry for 5 minutes, separating out the mince with a wooden spoon as you go.
2. Add the dry spices, beans and salt. Cook for 2 minutes.
3. Warm your tortilla or wrap in a microwave or oven.
4. Place your hot mince on the tortilla and garnish with cheese, avocado, sour cream and coriander.
5. Place your pickle on top and add a squeeze of lime.
6. To eat, fold in half or eat open.
Nutritional InformationPer Serve
- Energy 396 kJ
- Protein 16.0 g
- Total fat 1.3 g
- Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Sodium 300 mg
- Iron 3.5mg
- Zinc 4.4 mg
- Fibre 4.9g
- Vitamin B12 2.0 µg
- ***Vege Delights Savoury Vege Mince only