A recipe with a difference! Can also be used for breakfast or brunch.
Cooking Time 20
Prep Time 15
Serving Size 4
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/3 cup chickpea flour (besan flour)
- 2 tablespoon light olive oil
- 145g packet Vegie Delights Bacon Style Rashers
- 1 medium tomato, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons shredded fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- Place the potato, onion, nutmeg and flour in a bowl and mix together well. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick frypan. Cook heaped tablespoons of the potato mixture in batches over medium heat for 3 minutes each side, or until golden. Drain. Repeat with the remaining mixture, adding the reserved oil as necessary.
- Chargrill or fry the Bacon Style Rashers over medium heat for 1 minute each side. Toss together the tomato, pine nuts, basil and balsamic vinegar.
- Place a rosti on each plate and top with a handful of spinach a Bacon Style Rasher and a spoonful of the tomato mixture. Top with a second rosti.
Nutritional InformationPer Serve
- Kilojoules 1000 kJ
- Calories 240 Cal
- Protein 11 g
- Total fat 15 g
- Carbohydrate 15 g
- Sodium 350 mg
- Potassium 730 mg
- Calcium 20 mg
- Iron 3.5 mg
- Fibre 6 g