Nutmeat is a versatile meat substitute made from wheat, gluten, and peanuts. Options include slicing for burgers, mashing for rissoles, dicing for casseroles and pasta, or try the delicious recipe below.
Serving Size 6
- 415g can of Vegie Delights NUTMEAT, grated
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil, chopped (or 1 teaspoon of dried basil)
- 1/2 cup of fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of salt reduced soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 2 eggs, beaten (or egg replacement)
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice, cooled & set aside
- 1 cup bread crumbs for rolling
- Olive oil spray
- Grate NUTMEAT into a mixing bowl.
- Add onion, garlic, herbs, soy sauce and onion powder, mix well.
- Add egg and brown rice, mix well.
- Using a 1/2 cup measure, shape mixture into 12 patties. Coat in bread crumbs.
- Heat fry pan or BBQ to medium heat, spray with olive oil and fry until golden brown on each side.
- Accompany with a side salad and yoghurt dressing (optional).