Moroccan Apricot Tagine
Explore North African cuisine with this delicious tagine.
Cooking Time 16
Prep Time 15
Serving Size 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, peeled and roughly diced
- 2 teaspoons mild paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 250g Vegie Delight Tender Fillets, cut into pieces
- ½ cup dried apricots
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 3 slices preserved lemon, roughly chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 vegetable stock cube, crumbled
- 420g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Steamed couscous, to serve
- Coriander sprigs, to serve
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped pistachios, to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy-based saucepan. Add the onions and sauté over a moderately high heat for 3 minutes or until soft. Add the paprika, ginger, cinnamon and cayenne. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the Vegie Delights Tender Fillets, dried apricots, capsicum, lemon, water, stock cube and chickpeas bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 12 minutes or until the tagine has thickened.
- Serve the tagine with the couscous. Top with the coriander and sprinkle with the pistachios.
Nutritional InformationPer Serve
- Kilojoules 2162 kJ
- Protein 23.5 g
- Total fat 19 g
- Saturated fat 2.5 g
- Carb. total 57.9 g
- Carb. sugars 12.9 g
- Fibre 12 g
- Sodium 756 mg