Mexican Hot Dog with Chargrilled Peppers & Corn Salsa
- 4 Vegie Delights Mexican Gourmet Beef Style Sausages
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1/2 cup mango diced
- 1/2 green pepper diced
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1 tsp green chilli finely sliced
- 2 tbsp coriander
- 2 avocado
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 6 drops Tabasco sauce
- 4 hot dog buns
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 tsp salt & pepper
1. In a hot frying pan or on a griddle plate add sunflower oil, corn kernels and green and red peppers. Cook until well coloured and marked.
2. Using a mixing bowl add diced red onion, coriander, green chilli, lime juice and salt & pepper.
3. Add the cooked corn & peppers to the bowl and stir to combine.
4. In a separate bowl using a fork mince the avocado with salt, milled black pepper, and a squeeze of lemon juice.
5. Heat hot dog buns in the oven at 150°c for 5 – 7 minutes
6. Using the same frying pan or griddle plate, heat sausages and colour for 5 minutes on medium heat.
7. For assembly cut the roll at the top and spread the avocado mix inside, followed by the sausage and then top with salsa and coriander.