Mediterranean Herb Rubbed Roast
A hearty Easter recipe idea!
Cooking Time 30
Prep Time 10
Serving Size 4
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, chopped
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Vegie Delights Vegie Roast
- 3 eggplants, cut onto 3cm cubes
- 8 tomatoes, cut onto 3cm cubes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 20 black olives
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed
- A few leaves of fresh basil
- 2 cups cous cous
- Mix the chopped herbs with one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place the Vegie Roast in a roasting pan lined with baking paper and, using a pastry brush, glaze the Vegie Roast with the herb mixture, turning the roast as you go.
- Place the Vegie Roast in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime sauté eggplant and tomato with garlic cloves and remaining tablespoon of olive oil for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add black olives and capers, place lid over pan and simmer on low for 20 minutes, stirring from time to time. If the vegetables become too dry add a little water.
- Turn the heat off, add the basil leaves and stir one last time.
- In the meantime cook the cous cous according to the packet instructions.
- Slice the roast and serve, accompanied by the cous cous and vegetables.
Nutritional InformationPer Serve
- Kilojoules 3355 kJ
- Calories 800 Cal
- Protein 42 g
- Total fat 17.9 g
- Saturated fat 2.3 g
- Carb. total 108.9 g
- Carb. sugars 14.9 g
- Sodium 890 mg
- Potassium 1360 mg
- Iron 5.6 mg
- Zinc 5.5 mg
- Vitamin B12 2.2 µg
- Fibre 14.4 g