Lemon Schnitzel with Green Salad and Mash
An easy-to-prepare meal for all the family.
Cooking Time 20
Prep Time 30
Serving Size 4
- 4 x Vegie Delights Tender Schnitzels
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Olive oil spray
- 1.2kg desiree potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoons low-fat, low-salt margarine
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Green Salad
- 150g snow peas, topped
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved lengthways, sliced
- 200g mixed salad leaves
- 2 avocadoes, peeled, seeds removed, sliced
- 100g snow pea sprouts, trimmed
- 60mls (1/4 cup) white balsamic vinegar
- 60mls (1/4 cup) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Cook for 15 minutes or until tender (Or place in microwave safe dish with 3 tablespoons of water, cover with plastic wrap or lid with steam hole and cook for 8 minutes or untill tender).
- Drain, reserving 125ml (½ cup) of cooking liquid.
- Mash until smooth or put through a potato ricer. Place the pan over medium heat, add margarine and stir until melted. Gradually add the reserved liquid, stir until well combined and creamy.
- Place Vegie Delights Tender Schnitzels on a lined baking tray. Finely grate rind and juice lemon and rub over schnitzels.
- Bake Vegie Delights Tender Schnitzels in the pre-heated oven for 12-15 minutes at 180°C, turning once.
- Set snow peas in a bowl and pour boiling water over them. Set aside for 2 minutes. Drain and refresh in ice water. Combine dressing ingredients in a screw top jar and shake well.
- Combine snow peas, cucumbers, salad leaves, avocadoes and snow pea sprouts in a large serving bowl. Pour dressing over and toss well to combine.
Nutritional InformationPer Serve
- Kilojoules 3056 kJ
- Calories 728 Cal
- Protein 23.2 g
- Total fat 44.2 g
- Saturated fat 8.6 g
- Carb. total 53.9 g
- Carb. sugars 8.2 g
- Fibre 11.7 g
- Sodium 589 mg