Cottage Pie with Vegie Delights Casserole Mince
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion – finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic – finely chopped
- 1 carrot – peeled and finely diced
- 1 stick of celery – finely diced
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce (vegetarian)
- 1 x 415g can Vegie Delights CASSEROLE MINCE
- 2 tsp fresh thyme – chopped
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- sea salt
- 3-4 cups creamy mashed potato (made using 3 large potatoes)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a medium saucepan add the olive oil and heat on medium to high. Add onion, garlic, carrot and celery. Fry until starting to brown and well softened. Add tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, CASSEROLE MINCE, fresh thyme and black pepper. Season with salt and simmer for 15 minutes. Adjust seasoning then pour into a 1.4L baking dish.
- Top with well seasoned mashed potato then bake for 20 minutes until the top is nicely browned. Set aside to cool slightly then serve.