Corn Cakes with Herb Soy Fillets and Garlic Mayonnaise
These corn cakes are delicious for brunch or a light lunch.
Cooking Time 15
Prep Time 30
Serving Size 66
- 2 small cobs corn, kernels removed (1 cup fresh corn kernels)
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- ½ cup soymilk
- 1 tablespoon polyunsaturated oil
- 250g pack Vegie Delights Tender Fillets, julienned
- 1 small carrot, peeled and julienned
- ¼ cup basil leaves, finely shredded
- ¼ cup soy mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Mix together the corn kernels, chickpea flour and So Good. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add tablespoons of the batter in batches and cook for 2 minutes each side, or until golden brown. Drain and keep warm while cooking the remaining mixture. You should have enough to make 12 corn cakes.
- Place the Tender Fillets, carrot and basil in a bowl and toss to combine. Whisk together the soy mayonnaise, lemon juice and garlic.
- Place one corn cake on each plate, top with the Tender Fillet salad, drizzle with a little garlic mayonnaise and top with another corn cake.
Nutritional InformationPer Serve
- Kilojoules 980 kJ
- Calories 235 Cal
- Protein 11 g
- Total fat 12 g
- Carbohydrate 20 g
- Sodium 430 mg
- Potassium 390 mg
- Calcium 40 mg
- Iron 2.4 mg
- Fibre 4 g