Salad takes centre stage with this delicious recipe.
Cooking Time 5
Prep Time 15
Serving Size 4
- 2 baby cos, leaves separated and torn into large pieces
- 250g Vegie Delights Tender Fillets
- Olive oil spray
- 4 Vegie Delights Bacon Style Rashers, diced
- 1 wholegrain Turkish bread roll, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup shaved parmesan cheese
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Place the cos lettuce on a large serving platter. Heat a non-stick frypan over a moderately high heat. Spray the Vegie Delights Tender Fillets with the olive oil spray and cook for 1-2 mins each side or until golden, slice into strips. Set aside to cool. Add the Vegie Delights Bacon Style Rashers to the pan and toss over the heat for 3 minutes or until crisp. Set aside to cool. Spray the slices of Turkish bread with the olive oil spray and pan fry until golden brown and crisp. Cut into pieces and set aside to cool.
- Arrange the Tender Fillets strips and the Bacon Rashers and Turkish bread croutons over the cos lettuce. Scatter with the parmesan cheese.
- Whisk together the buttermilk, lemon juice, mustard powder and garlic powder. Drizzle the dressing over the salad to serve.
If wholegrain Turkish rolls aren’t available, substitute with any fluffy wholegrain bread.
Nutritional InformationPer Serve
- Kilojoules 1650 kJ
- Calories 393 Cal
- Protein 23.6 g
- Total fat 12 g
- Saturated fat 2.9 g
- Carb. total 45.7 g
- Carb. sugars 6.8 g
- Fibre 5 g
- Sodium 1065 mg