Bacon and Egg Burger
We’ve put a healthy twist on this classic recipe.
Cooking Time 15
Prep Time 10
Serving Size 4
- 4 Vegie Delights Not Burgers
- 8 Vegie Delights Bacon Style Rashers
- 4 free-range eggs
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes cut into 4 slices each
- 4 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 4 tablespoons tomato relish
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 1 loaf wholegrain Turkish bread
- Pre-heat a barbeque plate or frying pan on medium high. Cook Vegie Delights Not Burgers and Rashers on a barbecue plate or frying pan for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Keep warm. Cook eggs in same pan or on barbecue plate until cooked as desired.
- Cook tomato slices on barbecue plate or frying pan until softened a little.
- Cut the Turkish bread crossways into 4 equal portions. Split each portion in half. Toast in toaster or over barbecue plate until brown.
- Spread ricotta over bottoms of the Turkish bread, spread tomato relish on top. Place spinach leaves on top of the tomato relish, top with burger, bacon, eggs, tomatoes and spinach leaves. Top with Turkish lid. Serve immediately.
If wholegrain Turkish bread is unavailable you can use any fluffy wholegrain bread.
Nutritional InformationPer Serve
- Kilojoules 2436 kJ
- Calories 580 Cal
- Protein 34.7 g
- Total fat 18.2 g
- Saturated fat 3.7 g
- Carb. total 67.2 g
- Carb. sugars 12.8 g
- Fibre 5.6 g
- Sodium 1225 mg