Anna Weatherlake’s Savoury Nut Loaf
- 1 can Vegie Delights Nutmeat
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 can brown lentils, rinsed
- 3 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/2 celery stalk, diced
- 1/2 cup apple, diced
- 1/2 cup sweet corn
- 1/2 cup bread crumps
- 2 tsp fresh parsley
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
1. Preheat over to 180 degrees celsius.
2. Whisk flaxseed meal with vegetable stock and set aside.
3. Heat coconut oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until onion is translucent, approximately 3 minutes. Season with salt and add the carrots, celery, apple and sweet corn. Sauté for approximately 5 minutes longer and then remove from heat.
4. Add Vegie Delights Nutmeat to a mixing bowl and mash. Add all remaining ingredients and mix well (can mix with my hands as ingredients can become sticky). Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Line cake tin with baking paper and add mixture, pressing it firmly into the tin. Decorate with pumpkin seeds and place in the oven.
6. Bake at 180 degrees for approximately 55 minutes, checking regularly from the 45 minute mark. The edges will brown slightly. Be sure not to overcook as it will dry out the loaf.
7. Remove from tin and let it cool.
*Add your favourite gravy or condiment. Served best cold.